- January 27, 2005
- The Westminster Hotel
- 550 W. Mt. Pleasant Avenue, Livingston, New Jersey
- R. Max Crane, Jeffrey J. Greenbaum, Peter G. Verniero
- New Jersey Corporate Counsel Association, Sills Cummis Epstein & Gross and Deloitte & Touche
As lawyers are coming under more scrutiny than ever before and as SEC regulatory and enforcement developments continue to flood the headlines, we invite you to join us for an all-day seminar covering corporate governance and compliance topics of critical importance to corporate counsel today and in the future.
You will not want to miss this timely program. It will provide participants with a unique opportunity for interaction among in-house counsel, outside counsel, accounting professionals and DOJ, SEC, NYSE and PCAOB officials and staff.
Among the key questions to be answered are:
- How has corporate counsel’s role changed as a result of Sarbanes-Oxley and other legal developments in the wake of recent scandals?
- How can corporate counsel create an effective "control" environment?
- How do corporate counsel develop, monitor and maintain effective corporate compliance and ethics programs?
- What challenges do corporate counsel face as a result of their enhanced role in corporate governance?
- How do corporate counsel handle internal investigations in a post-Sarbanes-Oxley world?
- Is your legal department properly staffed and do you have the needed resources to meet the new corporate governance challenges?