Senior Commercial Real Estate Attorney – Newark
Sills Cummis & Gross P.C., a full-service corporate law firm, with offices in New Jersey and New York, has the capabilities of a New York full-service law firm. As one of the largest law firms in New Jersey, Sills Cummis & Gross has established a national reputation in its handling of precedent setting issues. At Sills Cummis & Gross, our goal is make sure you are exposed to high-profile cases and receive the necessary tools to exceed client expectations. Our attorneys are innovative, creative and collaborative; giving you the platform to flourish in an environment where your ideas matter. When you join our group of attorneys, you will work alongside some of the best professionals in their field of practice who will mentor you and help develop your skills. The firm not only makes a commitment to our clients, we also make a commitment to our attorneys. If you are ready to join an engaging, inclusive firm where you will have the ability to shape your future, please read more below.
The Sills Cummis & Gross Real Estate Department is an interdisciplinary team of approximately 30 attorneys providing a full range of legal and related services to participants in all areas of the real estate industry. The Department is ranked by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (2018 edition) in “Band 1” in New Jersey.
- 8+ years of commercial real estate experience
- Experience handling a broad range of transactions for clients, including acquisitions, development, sale/leasebacks, office and retail leasing, traditional lending and corporate real estate advisory work
- Strong transactional and analytical skills, including drafting and negotiating financing and organizational documents, leases, purchase and sale contracts and brokerage and property management agreements across various property types and jurisdictions
- Draft and negotiate complex loan documents, perform due diligence, title and survey review, lease analysis and approved legal opinions
- Possess a JD from an accredited law school with a strong academic record
- Must be licensed to practice in the State of New Jersey and the District of New Jersey. New York State license is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and to interact directly with clients
Qualified candidates should submit cover letter, resume and transcript to Milvia Burns, Chief Talent and Strategy Officer, here.
– Sills Cummis & Gross will not be accepting agency submissions for this position. –