Litigation Associate – Newark
Sills Cummis & Gross P.C., a full-service corporate law firm, with offices in New Jersey and New York, has the capabilities of a New York full-service law firm. As one of the largest law firms in New Jersey, Sills Cummis & Gross has established a national reputation in its handling of precedent setting issues. At Sills Cummis & Gross, our goal is make sure you are exposed to high-profile cases and receive the necessary tools to exceed client expectations. Our attorneys are innovative, creative and collaborative; giving you the platform to flourish in an environment where your ideas matter. When you join our group of attorneys, you will work alongside some of the best professionals in their field of practice who will mentor you and help develop your skills. The firm not only makes a commitment to our clients, we also make a commitment to our attorneys. If you are ready to join an engaging, inclusive firm where you will have the ability to shape your future, please read more below.
Sills Cummis litigators represent multinational corporations, financial institutions and government bodies, often in complex and important matters. Our attorneys are active in pre-trial, trial and appellate matters in federal and state courts, as well as administrative litigation, grand jury investigations and arbitrations. Sills Cummis & Gross was named “New Jersey Litigation Firm of the Year” for 2018 by Benchmark Litigation. This is the second year in a row the Firm received this honor. The Benchmark Litigation awards in 2017 and 2018 come on the heels of Sills Cummis & Gross being named, in November 2016, “2016 General Litigation Department of the Year Winner, Midsized Firm” by the New Jersey Law Journal. The Department is also ranked by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (2018 edition) in “Band 1” in New Jersey.
- 1-4 years of commercial litigation experience
- Strong writing skills necessary to draft complaints, answers, discovery requests and responses, motions, and briefs
- Strong research skills and oral communication
- Possess a JD from an accredited law school with a strong academic record
- Must be licensed to practice in the State of New Jersey and the District of New Jersey. New York State license is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and to interact directly with clients
Qualified candidates should submit cover letter, resume and transcript to Milvia Burns, Chief Talent and Strategy Officer, here.
– Sills Cummis & Gross will not be accepting agency submissions for this position. –