We are seeking a Records Assistant to work closely with the Records Manager on matters relating to new business intake, records management and conflict of interest analysis. The ideal applicant should be proficient in Word, Excel, Access, Legal Key and Elite. The position is located in the Newark office.
In addition, the Records Assistant works with the Department of Library Services on assorted tasks, including updating various filings. They also make monthly trips to our New York office to assist in library filings.
Responsibilities and Tasks Include:
- Primary back up for Records Manager
- Perform conflict of interest checks and analysis
- Assist the Records Manager opening new clients and matters
- Maintain Various Records Department databases in Access
- Generate reports in Elite, Crystal, Access, Excel and Legal Key
- Maintain Records Department internet page, including updating standard reports, forms and code tables
- Follow up on receipt of client engagement/retainer letters for all new clients
- Assist with preparation of file materials for departing attorneys and arriving attorneys; including allocating file space, opening client matters, obtaining file transfer letters, and clearing offices
- Prepared “Dinger” report for the Intellectual Property department
- Index and inventory files and boxes for off-site storage – some heavy lifting involved
- Coordinate daily retrievals of files from storage
- Re-file files that have been removed from boxes held in Record Center
- Pick up and deliver files/boxes from attorneys/paralegals and administrative staff
- Maintain various databases including check-in and check-out files as requested
- Respond to phone requests and e-mail requests for records-related information
- Identify and re-route “unidentified” mail and faxes.
- Assist Records Manager with special projects and assignments as needed
- Monthly visits to New York Office to close/organize files
- Occasional visits to Princeton Office to close/organize files
Sills Cummis & Gross P.C.
The Legal Center
One Riverfront Plaza
Newark, NJ 07102