We are seeking a Marketing Manager who
is interested in joining a great team where you can make an impact while
working at one of the largest New Jersey-based law firms. This position is
responsible for managing and implementing the marketing/business development
efforts of the Firm, its practice groups and individual attorneys. The Marketing
Manager is expected to be a substantive contributor to the workflow of the
marketing department, rather than merely a process coordinator. The position, located
in the Newark office, reports to the Director of Marketing, who leads the
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Firm’s practices, lawyers and client base
- Write, prepare and manage responses to RFPs and marketing pitch materials
- Write submissions for legal and attorney rankings, including managing the entire submission process
- Write, proof and edit a wide range of internal and external communications
- Write, update and maintain attorney bios and practice group brochures
- Update website content
- Manage internal and external events
- Assist with executing business development plans
- Assist with social media initiatives
- Assist with public relations
- Perform research and analysis to meet the business development needs of the Firm, its lawyers and practice groups
- Manage the internal client alert process
- Identify opportunities for speaking engagements and article placement
- Ability to learn and assist with InterAction, Concep and other software tools as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong writing, proofreading and editing skills are required.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Superior attention to detail and client service skills are required.
- Must have a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work both independently and take direction as required.
- Must work well under pressure and be a self-starter, problem-solver, proactive thinker and team player.
- Diplomacy, tact and ability to maintain confidentiality are required.
- Be able to obtain a quick understanding of the Firm’s goals, service and culture.
- Excellent trouble shooting skills.
- Ability to mentor peers.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing,
business, English or related discipline.
A minimum of five years of marketing and/or business
development experience required. Law
firm experience is preferred.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to
Amy Davis, Director of Marketing, at email@example.com.